Welcome to the Red Hen Apron, my brand new blog and the place where I would like to share with you my favorite recipes, from the ones that I’ve grown with to those that I’ve learned on the way. As the end of the year approaches I thought it would be a great moment to get it going, something that I’ve been meaning to do for a long time.
So let’s get it started with this recipe that I found a couple of days ago reading the latest issue of Cooking Light, Mustard-Glazed Salmon with cauliflower and lentils.
I am a bit of a head in the clouds and when I went grocery shopping I completely forgot about the herbs, sooo you’ll have to forgive me but I changed a little bit the recipe here and there. Instead of dill I used rosemary and instead of parsley, thyme. It came out beautifully, though!
It was perfect for a weeknight dinner and will be repeating the lentils very, very, very soon!!!
Hope you enjoyed 🙂
Mustard-Glazed Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower and Lentils with Shallots and Butter
1 small cauliflower
Olive oil to drizzle
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon rosemary
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 salmon filets
1/2 cup dried green lentils
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon thyme
salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400º and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine on top cauliflower, salt, pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Bake at 400º for 30-35 min or until browned and tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
3. Combine mustard, honey, lemon juice, rosemary in a bowl. Place fillets, skin sides down, on a lined baking sheet with a little bit of olive oil; sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper, and spread the mustard mixture evenly over them. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime put the lentils in a saucepan and cover them with water to 3 inches above. Bring lentils to a boil, (put now the salmon in the oven, bake it at 400º for 15min aprox.) simmer for about 20 min or until tender and drain them.
5. Melt the butter in a large pan and sauté the shallots for 2 minutes. Add the lentils and thyme, mix a couple of times with a wooden spoon or spatula and toss. Serve it on top of the salmon with the cauliflower as a side.